Freitag, 29. Juli 2016

A couple trades I took this week (25.-29.07.2016)

EU

7

Price did react at range support. Even though this is a loser, this trade is / was
a good trade. I had a reason to get in. And the reason was valid as you can see.
My stop was just to close. But that was my risk management. News did spike me
out. This will happen at times. Am not upset. Contrary, am happy because the idea
was good. It's just I am not in this move. I decided in favor of a close stop because
of the time of the year. I did not want to be part of the move, if price moves that low.

NJ



Another loser. And another good trade. Stop was just too close.
If you look at this pair now (trade taken 26.07.2016 at 11:10) it
did move nicely in my direction. Just without me.

AJ



The close below the bear Fractal is a good sign.

Update AJ:



EJ



Update EJ:



AN



Update AN:



Update 05.08.16



I did remove the limit order thinking there is strong downside potential. There is strong downside potential, but I did not follow my plan. So I took a BE trade. BE still is a winner. I do not shed a tear for not having taken the profit I was about to take. We never know how far the market will go. It could have stopped at the grey shaded area, which is a nice level to take a trade south. But price moved higher to the level of my entry, which is also a nice level to look for further shorts. But since today is NFP friday, I'll enojy my weekend already.

UC



If this trade does not progress soon, I will close this out
before the weekend.

Update UC:



Update UC 05.08.16:

Today is/was NFP Friday. Together with high impact US news, we had high impact CAD news.
The result is as below.



NFP came in better than expected. 
NFP act. 255 exp. 180
Hourly earning act. 0,35 exp. 0,2%
But unemployment worse act. 4,9% exp. 4,8%
News not as good as it sounds. 

CAD news worse than expected.
Employment Change act. 31,2K exp. 10,2 K
Trade Balance exp. -3,6B exp. -2,6B
Unemployment Rate act. 6,9% exp. 6,9%


The combination of (at first sight) good US news and (at first sight) bad CAD news drove price up.  But I am expecting a retrace/correction to the downside next week. The range this pair is sitting in, is not broken yet. As long range resistance holds tight, I am rather bearish this pair. 
Even though the current rejection candle looks appealing, I am not going to take any position at this hour (shortly before the weekend).

Happy trading,
TT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen