Freitag, 15. Juli 2016

A Couple Trades I took this Week (11.07.-15.07.2016)

My First Trade this week.

After some time of silence I think it is time to slowly get back to business. I will be looking
for trades. Starting this week I wanted to continue trading but keep my hands slow. But as you will see, I took more trades than I expected. There were some nice opportunities. They will all be presented. Bear with me if I keep the posts to a minimum. I only decided now that it is also time to continue with the blog. The posts will remain on a minimum for now. I am still in Turkey and will stay for some time here.

My first two trades this week. The first one (below) is a failed one.

My first trade of the this week

USOil



The Trade Idea is based on the monthly TF. The weekly did confirm the idea. I took the trade based on the H4 TF. It was my first trade and my first loss.

This is the second trade I took the same day. It's EU



This trade did get stopped out at the end of the week. Basically it's a breakeven trade that I suffered minor slippage. While I personally take BE trades as winners, it will be registered as a loser in the Journal.

USOil again



The original idea was still valid. The Micro structure of the market did shift north so I decided to close the trade and stay flat for the weekend.

NU



This trade is counter my bias. At the time I took the trade, my long term view was bullish.
As you can see the trend is bullish. But we are at an interesting level for a short setup. I trade what
I see. Ultimately I want to long this asset. Since there will be important news while I will be sleeping on Monday, I figured it won't hurt to take some profit now and give the remainder a chance to prove itself.

I did set a target on the remainder. Normally I don't trade with a set target, but due to the time of the year I expect rather rangy markets. So I do set profit targets. The target on the remainder got hit today on a quick spike. I don't know why NZD spiked.




AC



Due to price not moving much in my favour and me not wanting to micor manage the trade, I decided
to put the trade in a risk free state. I took half profit and left the stop where it is. Half TP is slightly more than 1xr. So it's still a good deal. The trade is again counter my bias. Ultimately I am looking to long this asset.

Finally I did close the remaing part of this trade. This asset was not moving anywhere and started to show signs of strength. Ultimately price needs to close above the current yellow area. If it fails to close above and resumes the downward move I still can jump on the train. The ideal setup for a bullish move would have been the yellow area below. But we never know what the market is goint to do next. We only need to be ready to take action.



EL



This is Euro Lira. The first time I trade this asset.
The trade is based on a longer term view. Something important did happen today, just about two hours before the friday close (weekly close if you want). I normally have not fix TP. But after what happened and such a stong spike, I placed the target slighly above 3,30 and got stopped with positive slippage.

Hope you enjoy my posts and are able to grab here and there something. Don't hesitate to contact me here. I will be more than happy to assist.

Green Pips,
TT




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen